Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Prediction Out the Tubes

Tuna Melt's predictions that government will grow astronomically as a result of this crisis: like, 100 for 100.

Tuna Melt's prediction that hyperinflation is coming: 0 for 1.

It's a good thing I only have about 4 readers, because I'm as clueless as anyone else. Tuna Melt now thinks that Roubini was right and deflation is here to stay for awhile. Despite the absurd amount of money being printed, it's not enough to overcome the extraordinary freefall of formerly inflated paper assets.

Even though I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, LVM and HB certainly do. The more I study what's happening out there and try to make sense of it, the more stunned I am at how prescient those blokes were.

1 comment:

Nilfisk said...

Oh, Melted One, confused as you are, you are our only point of clarity. Although, sometimes you seem to be suggesting that we can install an iron girder in this house of cards.