Thursday, December 11, 2008

Washington Gets It Right...For Tonight


"We simply cannot ask the American taxpayer to subsidize failure."
--Mitch McConnell, who did not follow the statement with, "And so we are abolishing the income tax."

As of this moment, the auto bailout isn't happening. It might be ugly out there tomorrow, but Tuna Melt thinks bankruptcy for GM & Chrysler now is far better than bankrputcy for GM & Chrylser next year after another 100 billion is down the tubes.

Of course, the big October bailout failed on the first go, only to go back to the House where it collected an additional 150 billion in pork on its way to passing.

8 comments:

Nilfisk said...

I love the term "pork", almost as much as the concept of pork. Other countries also have their version of this. In Poland, for example, election promises are referred to as "kielbasa".

Truly, there is nothing like a giant piece of pork. But that said, there is nothing like the feeling of the word "pork" as it bursts through the restraint of your lips, accompanied by an angry explosion of bad breath and spit, all flying into the face of a dirty politician.

jimmy said...

Keep posting! I'm hungry for more Tuna!

jimmy said...

Tuna - I know it's a little off topic, but I'm trying to decide about life insurance stuff. It seems like such a downer, but I don't want to not do something that I should do...blah blah blah. So -is this a scam for the masses or what?

Nilfisk said...

Hey "Jimmy": Insurance is only of value if you intend to commit insurance fraud. In your case, that would mean having to disappear for a while until things cooled down. But that's okay, you'll have plenty of money.

I've been trying to determine if there is an internet consensus on when a blog is dead. It appears that three weeks with no entries is generally considered dead. So, "Jimmy", it's you and me now, stuck here at the end for another two weeks, traveling perpendicular to the main blog, since Tuna Melt refuses to move it forward.

jimmy said...

Yeah Popothorov
It's always sad when a blog dies - I guess that reveals how much of a loser I really am. -Hanging on in hope that there will be a future posting. Hoping for more news of how bad things will be... Please Tuna at least another Star Wars quad-screen posting to end the blog on a high note!

jimmy said...

Nilfiskovich are you related to Rod R. Blagojevich??

I've got this thing and it's f***ing golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for f***in' nothing. I'm not gonna do it.

Jenius!

Nilfisk said...

We are at week two here at the end of Tuna Melt, and entering the third week of a Global Financial Tuna Melt Meltdown. I'm throwing a virtual shoe at Tuna Melt for getting us stuck in this mess.

No, Jimmy, I am not related to Blagojevich, but I am related to Blogclogski.

Nilfisk said...

There is no better place to advertise a new blog like the final entry of a dead blog, where still a lot of pent up energy remains festering, trying to move forward, waiting to hear itself lash out with comment.

I announce here the latest episode in the unraveling and retangling of Nilfisk:
Banging On Typewriters
, with the very decent scholarly subtitle Feckless cacoëthes scribendi.

Go put it in your coconut.